Jude Landry Store

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A blogger invite

Bonnie invited me to answer a few questions for the handful of you who read my blog. Here it goes.


What is your occupation right now? Wife and mother, aspiring to be a true seamstress and children's book author, (if I always use the word, aspire, it won't matter if it never happens, right?). But in another life, I would have been a graphic designer, fashion designer, interior designer, screenplay writer, or photographer. (Well, don't those make me sound so artsy? Maybe I'll do one of 'em when I retire.)


What are you listening to right now? NBC Sports football commentary for the Saints game online. Have you met my husband, Jude? I've got his football game on the left side of the screen while I type this post in a separate window on the right. We're sitting beside one another. Marital compromise at its best. (But if you mean current music, it's Fleet Foxes on repeat - preparing for the awesome show next month!!)


What was the last thing that you ate? An oatmeal cookie at a photography exhibition's opening reception. Black and white photos of the 1930's. So beautiful.


How old are you today? 27


What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Football. But I really love to watch hockey live.


What is your favorite drink? Sangria. Definitely on a sangria kick right now. And though I've stopped drinking cokes everyday, Cherry Coke will always be near to my heart.


What is your new favorite song? "Helplessness Blues" by Fleet Foxes


What is the last movie you watched? The Killers with Ashton Kutchur and Katherine Heigl. Definitely a bust. We made so much fun of it the entire way through and I strongly suggest you skip this on Netflix Instant. (We should have gone with that Dorian Gray flick like I suggested. Has anyone seen it?). Oh wait, the 3rd season of True Blood came in the mail and we watched that yesterday.


Favorite day of the year? I don't really know. But I typically like Fridays.


What was your favorite toy as a child? Ok. This sounds weird. But my cousins had this life sized stuffed doll with yellow yarn hair and ruby red lips that I think my aunt Gisele made. They used it in a talent show while lip-syncing to The Beach Boys "Barbara Ann." They gave it to me and my sisters when it was over and we played all kinds of stuff with that doll. I also liked to pass time with my Skip-It.


What is your favorite season? Fall. Silly question.


Cherries or Blueberries? I'm sure my foodie friends would disapprove, but I love maraschino cherries and pride myself on the ability to tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue... But to eat fresh cherries or blueberries? No thank you. However, I love any baked good with either.


When was the last time you cried? A few days ago. I'm worried about possible thyroid issues and symptoms.


What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes.


Who is the friend you have had the longest? Lori. It feels like I've been friends with Jude, though, my entire life.


What did you do last night? I took Joan and Charlotte to get a free cookie at Zaxby's to celebrate her first day of school while Jude was at a meeting. Then I watched True Blood with Jude.


What are you most afraid of? That Jude will either die or become severely disabled, leaving me responsible for it all. Also, Hell. 


How many states have you lived in? 3: Louisiana, Illinois, and Mississippi. I wish I lived in the physical town of Bloomington-Normal, just as it is with its stores, parks, churches, schools, and activities (minus the weather), but with Mississippi State University replacing Illinois State for Jude to work at, and located in Lafayette, Louisiana, close to family. Why can't I have my cake and eat it too?


What is your favorite kind of flower? I'm not really partial. But I kind of hate carnations. 


Poor Jude. He's been a good sport. Now it's time to give him the full screen, just in time to see them lose.

No comments: