Jude Landry Store

Monday, March 14, 2011

Wait - my husband likes sports?

When I met Jude, I immediately began crushing. I mean, Tall. Dark. And Handsome. Not very original, but it really is the best physical description for him.

And then I got to know him and discovered that he was smart (I like to call him "Mr. Thirty-Something" because of his ACT score) and funny (you'll never meet another couple with more inside jokes), sweet and friendly, and not only sang, but also played the guitar, bass, drums, and piano (Am I forgetting anything?). He was that hip artsy kind of guy who was also Catholic and giving his best at holiness, but not the guy you'd ever label, "the sports guy." Long story short: my type exactly.

And then we got married. And then we had kids. And then I realized something about my mate.

He likes sports.

I'm not sure when it happened or how it happened. Maybe it was the move to an SEC school the same year the Saints won the Super Bowl. Maybe it's living in a town with nothing to do but follow sporting events. Maybe it's the years of Fantasy Football. Maybe it's the free tickets everyone keeps sending our way. Either way, my husband - the handsome, smart, funny, sweet, friendly, musical, artsy, religious man I know so well - has officially earned the title "sports fanatic" in a mere 2 years.

Think "fanatic" is a bit strong? Not when I'm getting the latest "three point field goal percentage" stats over spaghetti in the evenings. Not when his usual design blogs are replaced with ESPN highlight reels (from the game he just watched...). Not when he owns a pair of maroon shoes with State's logo and wears them on game days only. Nope, not too strong.

But I'm not really complaining. I like it and enjoy watching the games with him. Mostly I like seeing him excited and passionate about something other than the newest sans serif type face (although I like hearing about that stuff, too).




I love this man.

8 comments:

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

I love that his shoes are so organized and that he is holding Charlotte in every picture.

Did you mention he posts sports stuff on facebook too?

Kelly Aldridge said...

This makes me smile! =) Go Dawgs!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

and I love this post! I'd agree-ya'll have more inside jokes than anyone I've ever met.

Unknown said...

I love this post too! Ya'll are awesome!

Jill said...

Hey,you should of saw it coming. You would go with him to tech basketball games

Tim said...

STATE!

Bonnie said...

I love your family in the top picture - I might just come down and steal that little polka dot dress, too!

And my shoes are not even that organized! And I think Jude own more "casual" shoes that Travis has work, casual, and dress. :)

The Whatleys said...

I love it!!