Jude Landry Store

Monday, March 7, 2011

Have you seen this?!

I've been trying to write this post for a long time now, and I'm just going to have to accept that I can't articulate myself the way I want today, maybe because I'm so annoyed, frustrated, and saddened by this commercial. It's insulting on so many different levels, as a Catholic, a mother, a woman, and a consumer. I'm just livid and I'm sorry that I won't be able to verbalize all of my reasons why at this point. Feel free to leave your take on this commercial, maybe you can help me get it in writing.



Really? A trip to Paris? Because I've been there, and, um, no. Not worth their lives at all. Not in the slightest way.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I just saw this last night and felt the same thing. Mostly felt sad.

Anonymous said...

What about the commercial where they say you should take birth control to "save your undies" from surprise spotting? Really, THAT'S what you're concerned about, drug companies?

The Whatleys said...

This commercial gets me sooo aggravated every time I see it. So insulting and so very selfish!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Here's a link to a really good post about this same commercial with some good discussion in the comments section:

http://momandthensome.blogspot.com/2011/01/because-babies-are-just-another.html

It's so sad how completely backwards the birth control culture has it...

The Petrolias said...

They equate having a child to picking out a handbag on a shopping trip!!! And also, what about the woman picking out her "Ken doll", and the other woman who snatches him from her!!!! All the birth control commercials are awful, but this is the worst one yet!!!!!

Karen said...

I actually rewound the commercial when I first saw it to see if I'd actually seen it correctly... Unfortunately I had and I was appalled.