Jude Landry Store

Friday, March 11, 2011

Top 10 Things I Love About our Rent House

10. Really high tree swing.


9. Storage up to the ceilings.



8. Beautiful wooden doors.


7. Wall space for our many works of art.


6. Abnormally big hallway (aka man cave) - actually every room for that matter is crazy big.



5. Custom built-ins.


4. Empty lots on all 3 sides of our house (no immediate neighbors)
back

right side

left side



3. Ridiculously large pantry.


2. Screened-in front porch with fans and a swing.



1. The address is 410 W. Main Street and not 3003 Geranium Dr... (Did I mention that the toilet in that house got a crack in the back and leaked water everywhere and had to be completely replaced? No? Oh. It did.)

Also note-worthy about this house is the location and the landlords - both, tremendous blessings.


Things I'm not so crazy about though...
super steep cement stairs with inadequate railings

super steep buuuuumpy driveway

Everyday I'm thankful for this house, even with the few minor issues. I know God saved it for us when we moved. It makes the ordeal with our house in Bloomington much, much easier to bear. Please keep us in your prayers as we plan to put that house back on the market officially sometime next week. We're starting a novena to St. Jude, patron of hopeless cases, today to ask specifically for an acceptable offer before the tenant's lease ends and for a closing date sometime in June (and obviously that it actually goes through this time). We invite you to do the same for us. (novenas are prayed for nine consecutive days)

8 comments:

Veronica said...

That is a pretty sweet setup. I'll be praying about you and your other place.

Bonnie said...

I would like to visit you and this gorgeous house.

I will pray your home in Blo/No sells.

How can I miss someone so much when I barely even knew you?!

Mandi @ Living the Good Life said...

I LOVE your beautiful doors!

Those steps could be fairly easily remedied with a little woodworking project. I have it all designed in my head! :)

Veronica said...

so...would you come back for a visit when you close?

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I know I should feel sorry for you because of Geranium, but I'm just jealous of you because of Main :)

Jude and Alisha said...

Veronica and Bonnie, I really want to come visit this summer, with or without a closing. I miss you guys (even if I barely knew you then, Bonnie, and actually, I'm just going to pretend that you were around when I was doing all the Epiphany mom's stuff and so that we can just say that we've been friends for a while now.)

Jude goes to Italy during May and June so I'll have to work some things out and if gas prices don't go down, we might have to enter an online video contest so we can afford to make it to BloNo anyway.

Love you gals.

Jude and Alisha said...

(I meant to also say thanks to Mandi, V., and Kaitlin. Oops.)

Jill said...

Joan's room is bigger than my entire house.