Jude Landry Store

Thursday, April 21, 2011

No insights

I've been really thankful for this blog - the place where I record and share, vent and laugh, learn and grow, pray and encourage - my online diary.

And when I receive some nice spiritual insight or a call to humbleness, I enjoy telling you about it. But I haven't really had anything to say recently.

I looked back and Pigeonholed was the last post (April 1st) that had some meat in it. And ever since we ended the St. Joseph novena that last week of March and I began a study on St. John of the Cross, I've been kind of standing still spiritually.

Not the bad kind, like sluggishness - but more like I've been leisurely reclining in serenity. (I had to go to thesarus.com to adequately describe it, these still don't really work for me...) And normally I would run to the blog, shouting about everything I'd learned or figured out about my state, but I feel like I don't have any tangible insight from this great peace I've been given. I can't tell you anything that I've learned or encourage you to do the same. I don't know how it came about or quite when. I can't link it directly to the St. John study (even though I think the pigeonhole thing really opened some spiritual doors for me), or to Lenten observations, or to novenas, or to one homily, or one verse, or to anything. I'm not sure I even know how to keep it around.

All I know, is that it feels pretty powerful, in such a small kind of way. And I'm actually trying just to rest in it right now, instead of overanalyzing it like I always do. I just want to be thankful and bask in it now.

So yeah, sorry that I can't share anything more about it, but if you've been praying for us, thank you. And it's my prayer that this Easter brings you the same quiet confidence in our Lord.

Have a blessed Holy Thursday. I'm hoping the "right in the middle of a 9 month old's bedtime" won't prevent us from enjoying it. Oh, and I think Joan's expecting to see a garden when we get to church...

No comments: