Jude Landry Store

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cauliflower... it's what's for dinner.

It's true. Both Jude and Joan actually enjoyed a dish I made with cauliflower. Now, before you get ahead of yourself - know that it was smothered in creme of mushroom and velveeta cheese and mixed with potato chunks. But who's keeping score? All I know, is that I didn't have to puree it and sneak it into a sauce or something, so this is counting in my book. Joan even asked for seconds, yes, my 20 something pound 2 1/2 year old...

And to celebrate such a momentous occasion, I treated them to smores. Still keeping track? Didn't think so. Don't blame these dishes on me - blame it on my friend Bonnie. I got both ideas from her blogs. She made smashed cauliflower and potatoes which sounded delicious, so I did my take on that tonight. Bonnie's about to go into labor anytime now so please keep her in your prayers!

Our main course was marinated pork chops that Jude put on the grill. He's so great at the grill - definitely got that Landry gene! He doesn't know it yet, but he might be grilling every night until it gets too cold. And you won't hear me complaining about fewer dishes to clean either.

Enjoy these food-related videos. Be sure to watch this first one to the end. It might land us a "Got Milk?" commercial.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elie says she wants you to take another video of Joan, and Margot just laughed with the screen thisclose to her face :) Totally caught me off guard with that first video! Joan has the cutest little voice.

-Lisa