Jude Landry Store

Monday, October 25, 2010

Quick from the kitchen

So, I learned this amazing tip from my mother-in-law and she probably doesn't even know that I got this from her... until now (thanks Tootsie!). When pouring sauces or leftovers into a ziplock bag, she folds the top rim over so that none of the food gets on the seal. Maybe this is obvious to you reading this, but it was an Aha! moment for me.


In this particular bag is our leftover red beans and rice. I can't tell you how happy I am to make this because Jude always says that it's the best he's ever had - which is a big deal when you've grown up in the Landry home where every meal is delicious and authentically cajun. And I know he's "not just telling me it" - he really means it!

On a side note, I got these diner chairs from the antique store in town because our two bistro chairs were recalled. Splitting wood is apparently a safety hazard. But it's cool, we like the new look.

No comments: