Jude Landry Store

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ladies in Lafayette

I haven't had much time to blog lately, and a tiny fear is lingering somewhere in my mind that at any moment my drive to keep blogging will suddenly go kaput. The same is true of my exercising - it's been almost a week since I put on my Kick Box Boot Camp on Instant Netflix... 


But now I'm here and those fears are put to rest for the time being.


I spent a weekend in Lafayette with the ladies from my dad's side of the family. It was so much fun and a well-needed trip for me. I took Charlotte with me (after all, she is a lady... and I hadn't pumped enough milk for both Lafayette and New York) and Joan stayed with Jude at his parent's house. We did what you'd expect, laughing and talking, sharing and joking, eating and shopping. Women are great. I love being a woman. Isn't it a privilege and an honor, ladies? 


We went to this great little Acadian village portraying cajun/creole life in the late 1700s and 1800s. We ate great food and dessert, listened to an impromptu French band - equipped with fiddles and accordions. We shopped at a city wide garage sale and cute little antique shops and boutiques. We finished with cajun food at The Blue Dog Cafe and great stories from the past. The only thing better than being a woman on this trip was being a cajun woman on this trip. 


Just picture us there, three generations of women at a dimly lit round table with jazz music in the background, seafood on our plates and smiles on our faces. Beautiful, just beautiful. It would only have been better if every lady from that side could have made it... we missed you, Amy, Claire, Leslie, Kelli, Cindy, and Stacey!



No comments: